USDA Business Management Improvement
The USDA Agricultural Marketing Service and Food and Nutrition Service are co-sponsoring a project to review and re-design business processes for the domestic nutrition assistance programs to better support the needs of our internal and external stakeholders. The project began in October 2015. During the first part of the Business Management Improvement (BMI) stakeholders reviewed the end-to-end processes that support ordering, procurement, delivery, inventory management and payments for USDA Foods. The BMI project team identified several process areas for improvement and is exploring ways to pilot, evaluate, and implement these changes.
- Identify, prioritize and design revised processes that provide value to agriculture, food industries and nutrition/feeding programs.
- Develop an implementation plan for the new processes to include training and technology enhancements.
- Prioritize changes to make the best use of limited resources and realize the maximum program benefits.
- Accelerated Solutions Environment (ASE) DesignSession Description
- Domestic ASE Design Session Summary
- Food Distribution Division Stakeholder Invitation to Vision/Scope ASE DesignSession
- USDA Food Creates an Accelerated Solutions Environment
- 1.0 Idea-to-Retire (ITR) Processes
- .0 Sales & Operations Planning (SOP) Processes
- 3.0 Demand-to-Supply (DTS) Processes
- 4.0 Procure-to-Pay (PTP) Processes
- 5.0 Order-to-Cash (OTC) Processes
- 6.0 Enterprise Data Management (EDM) Processes
- Domestic USDA BMI To-Be Newsletter - May 2016
- DesignSession Agenda To-Be ASE
- Food Distribution Division Stakeholder Invitation To-Be ASE DesignSession
- ACDA National Conference 2015 Mega Discussion Summary
- BMI Kick-Off Meeting Presentation
- Business Management Improvement (BMI)/Business Process Review (BPR) of USDA Foods
- BMI Stakeholder Participants and Contact Information
- General questions/comments: CP-BPRINFO@ams.usda.gov