Processing of donated foods allows State Distributing Agencies and eligible Recipient Agencies such as school districts to contract with commercial food processors to convert raw bulk USDA foods into more convenient, ready-to-use end products.
- USDA Foods Further Processing Fact Sheet
- Processor Material Prices
- Advanced Processing & Reconciliation Training
- Audit Guide for Multi-State Food Processors
- Treasury Department Circular 570 for Approved Sureties
Below is guidance and information for State Distributing Agencies, eligible Recipient Agencies, and commercial processors regarding the review and approval of a USDA National Processing Agreement (NPA). For more information, please contact NPA@fns.usda.gov.