FY 2021 SNAP E&T Data and Technical Assistance (DATA) Grants
The purpose of this grant competition is to support the development of state SNAP E&T data collection and reporting systems. DATA Grant funds should be for one or more of the following purposes:
- training and capacity building, including efforts to improve E&T data quality;
- information technology (IT) systems development to support the collection, reporting, and analysis of SNAP E&T data; and/or
- continuous program improvement of SNAP E&T programs, including the provision of effective and efficient services that move SNAP participants toward stable, good jobs.
|Feb. 22, 2021||Request for Application posted on Grants.gov|
|April 29, 2021||Applications due to Grants.gov|
|Aug. 4, 2021||DATA Grants Awarded|
Who May Apply
The 53 state agencies that administer SNAP.
Funding and Duration
FNS awarded approximately $3.6 million in FY 2021 for the SNAP E&T Data and Technical Assistance (DATA) grants. These grants were awarded through a competitive process. Grantees are allowed to use the grant funds for the duration of the three year project period.
FNS reminds applicants that the submission of a proposal does not guarantee funding. Funding for approved grants will be provided through the Grant Award/Letter of Credit process, in the same manner as other funds, upon receipt of a properly executed Grant Agreement and subject to the availability of funding. All DATA Grant funds must be obligated and all activities under the Grant must be completed by end of the project period.
Applicants also need to be reminded that if the proposed project funded with this grant benefits other programs in addition to SNAP E&T then the costs must be allocated appropriately between all of the benefiting programs. This grant funding can only be used for SNAP E&T’s share of the costs. The anticipated number of awards range from 3 to 9.
Application for Federal Assistance Forms
The following forms required for this grant are available at Grants.gov
- SF-424 Application for Federal Assistance
- SF-424A Budget Information
- SF-424B Assurances - Non-Construction Programs
- SF-LLL Certification/Disclosure Requirements Related to Lobbying