The following links provide data regarding SNAP Retailer Management.
Retailer Management Year End Summaries
Retailer Management Annual Reports
On January 19, 2017, you may have been contacted by email, voicemail and/or text because you were a current or former SNAP authorized retailer, who participated between 2005 and the present, and FNS received a request for records that would disclose each of your store’s individual annual SNAP sales (i.e., redemption) amounts.
- FNS noted that this information would be released promptly (i.e., approximately 12 calendar days from the email, voicemail, and/or text) to the public as the result of a court order.
- This notification was provided to your firm to comply with 7 CFR 1.12(d) which requires that the Department provide retailers with notice of the disclosure of annual SNAP redemption data prior to the disclosure date, in order that the matter may be considered for possible judicial intervention.
This release was based on a November 30, 2016, U.S. District Court for the District of South Dakota ruling pertaining to whether annual SNAP retailer redemption data should be disclosed to the public. The ruling found in favor of the plaintiff, Argus Leader Media (Argus):
- U.S. District Court decision in favor of Argus
-- Opinion Memorandum
-- Court Order
- USDA FNS decision memo to comply with court order.
- On January 28, 2017, the Food Marketing Institute (FMI) filed a motion to intervene, to stay the judgment, and for extension of time to file notice of appeal in the Argus case.
- On January 30, 2017, the Court granted FMI's motion for a stay of the judgment, and granted a 15 day extension for filing of an appeal.
- FMI subsequently filed a timely appeal.
- Until the pending court case is resolved, FNS will NOT release SNAP retailer redemption data.
If you have additional questions please contact RPMDHQ-Web@fns.usda.gov