SNAP is a Federal program that provides nutrition benefits to low-income individuals and families that are used at stores to purchase food. The program is administered by State and local agencies. This website provides general information about the program.
We do not have access to case files and cannot process individual applications.
Find answers to questions about SNAP benefits, stores, and Farmers' Markets. If you can't find the answer, please select "submit a question" tab on the answers page, and we will respond as soon as possible. Please include your state information in the question.
- Am I eligible for SNAP?
- What foods can I buy with SNAP benefits?
- When will my SNAP benefits be available on my EBT card?
- Can I check the balance of my EBT SNAP account online?
- Why can people buy junk food with their SNAP benefits?
- Can I buy Baby Food/Infant Formula with my SNAP benefits?
- Can I buy bottled water with SNAP benefits?
- What is the status of my SNAP application?
- Can I buy Diapers or Baby Wipes with my SNAP benefits?
- When will I get my SNAP benefits?
- Find a local SNAP Office
- Report a Lost, Stolen or Damaged EBT Card
- Report SNAP Fraud
- SNAP Toll-Free Information Number
- Find a FNS Regional Office
- Contact FNS Headquarters
FNS Mailing Address:
3101 Park Center Drive, Suite 808
Alexandria, VA 22302
If you have specific feedback on the FNS Website, or need website assistance, please email the FNS Webmaster.