Revision of Categorical Eligibility in SNAP - Reopening of Comment Period
The Food and Nutrition Service (FNS) proposed to make changes to the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) regulations to refine categorical eligibility requirements based on receipt of Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) benefits.
To aid the public's review of the rulemaking, FNS is providing an informational analysis regarding the potential impacts on participants in the National School Lunch Program and School Breakfast Program.
The agency is extending the comment period to provide the public an opportunity to review and provide comment on this document as part of the rulemaking record. Comments that do not pertain to the issues referenced in this additional document are not germane to the extended comment period and will not be accepted.
- USDA Prepares, Releases Requested Informational Analysis on School Meals Eligibility under Proposed SNAP Rule (10/15/19)
- Proposed Rule - Revision of Categorical Eligibility in the SNAP (7/24/19)
- USDA Proposes to Close SNAP Automatic Eligibility Loophole (7/23/19)
- Fact Sheet
- (AE62) Revision of Categorical Eligibility in SNAP - Informational Analysis
- (AE62) Revision of Categorical Eligibility in SNAP Regulatory Impact Analysis