Retailer Training Materials
As a SNAP retailer, you are legally responsible for your actions and the actions of everyone who works in your store, whether they are paid or not. When you applied to accept SNAP benefits, you agreed to fulfill certain Training Expectations. Here you can find resources that will help you to fulfill those expectations.
SNAP regulations can be found at Title 7; Subtitle B; Chapter II; Subchapter C – Food Stamp and Food Distribution Program of the Code of Federal Regulations.
- Food and Nutrition Act of 2008, as amended (December 20, 2018)
- Agricultural Improvement Act of 2018 - Informational Memo
- Agriculture Act of 2014 Provisions
- 7 Code of Federal Regulations 278
Training Guide and Videos
A 20-page training guide that explains program rules, regulations, and policies. The guide also answers all frequently asked questions (FAQ) about topics such as eligible food, SNAP sales tax, manufacturer’s coupons, and your point-of-sale equipment. We strongly encourage you to review the guide with all owners and employees.
A 17-minute YouTube video accompanies the guide:
You can use the training guide and videos to help educate everyone who works in your store.
SNAP Retailer Posters and Decals
In August 2013 FNS updated the SNAP Fraud and Abuse poster which makes it clear that buying or selling SNAP or WIC benefits is a federal crime. The poster provides contact information for reporting abuse in FNS programs and is required to be posted in all SNAP authorized stores.
- SNAP Fraud Poster: Best used for printing on 11" X 17” paper
- SNAP Fraud Poster:& Best used for professional edge to edge printing; the trim size is 11"X 17"