SNMCS Webinar Series - Satisfaction with School Meals and Plate Waste
Starting in school year 2012-13, the school meal programs began to undergo widespread changes, including updated nutrition standards for meals, additional lunch reimbursement for meals that met the standards, and rules affecting the price charged for full-price lunches. The School Nutrition and Meal Cost Study collected data in school year 2014–15 and was the first, comprehensive national assessment of the programs since these major reforms began.
This webinar focuses on findings related to student and parent satisfaction with the school meal programs and plate waste, or the amount of available food that was discarded or not eaten.
School Nutrition and Meal Cost Study Webinar Series on Study Findings
2. School Meal Program Operations
3. Meeting the Updated Nutrition Standards and the Nutritional Quality of School Lunches
4. School Meal Costs and Foodservice Revenues
5. Dietary Intakes of School Lunch Participants and Nonparticipants
6. Satisfaction with School Meals and Plate Waste