The Advance Planning Document (APD) process is a series of successive steps through which state agencies obtain federal prior approval of and federal financial participation (FFP) in automation projects supporting Food and Nutrition Service (FNS) programs. This includes all Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) projects.
- 7 CFR 277.18 (Current)
Food Stamp ADP Equipment and Services Conditions for Federal Financial Participation
- A Proposed and Final Rule were published in the Federal Register entitled “Automated Data Processing and Information Retrieval System Requirements: System Testing.” This rule amends the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) regulations to implement provisions of the Food, Conservation, and Energy Act of 2008 (the Farm Bill).
- Proposed Rule (8/23/2011)
- Final Rule (Published 1/2/2014; Effective 3/3/2014)
- A summary of the major changes made by the final rule may be found here: Synopsis Sheet.
- 7 CFR 246
Supplemental Food Programs for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC)
- 7 CFR 3016
Uniform Administrative Requirements for Grants and Cooperative Agreements to state and local government
- Section 1729 of the Mickey Leland Memorial Domestic Hunger Relief Act of 1990 (Food Stamp Electronic Benefit Transaction (EBT) (7 CFR 274.8)
- Food Stamp Act of 1977 Sections 11(o) and 16(a)
- 7 CFR 235 State Administrative Expense Funds