eBook Download Instructions for Android Devices
Method 1 (Using only the device, no computer)
- Download the Kobo Books –Reading App from the Google Play Store.
- Leave the Kobo App. Go to the Internet and type in: http://www.fns.usda.gov/tn/myplate-ebooks.
- Scroll to the bottom of web page and click on the title of the book you want to download, such as “Discover MyPlate: A MyPlate Meal.”
- Open the Kobo Books-Reading App and select the three dots in the top right.
- Tap the eBook you want to read and choose “Import” or “Import Items.”
- Go back to your home screen in Kobo. Click on “Open library” to see and open your eBook. You can also open the Reading List to see your eBooks.
Method 2 (using the Android device and a computer)
- Download the Kobo Books-Reading App on your device from the Google Play store.
- From your computer, go to http://www.fns.usda.gov/tn/myplate-ebooks.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the title of the book you want to download, such as “Discover MyPlate: a MyPlate Meal.”
- Connect the device to your computer via USB.
- Find the device on your computer in Windows Explorer. Drag your ePub onto the device.
- If you use a Kobo Arc, navigate to the Books Collection. Otherwise, navigate to the Kobo App, then tap the side bar menu icon on the top left (the icon with the three horizontal bars vertically stacked) to bring out the sidebar. Then tap on either 'All' or 'All Items' based on your app version.
- Select options (the three dots on the top right) then “Import.”
- Once the files appear, confirm that you want to import them. They will display in your library.