Verification – an Overview - Reauthorization 2004: Implementation Memo
In response to various requests for clarification on verification procedures as mandated in PL 108-265, the Child Nutrition and WIC Reauthorization Act of 2004, we are including as attachments the five documents concerning verification that have been released since the summer of 2004. These memos describe activities that schools need to be aware of at the start of School Year 2005-06.
We are re-issuing all of these memos at one time so that you may review all of your verification responsibilities from one convenient, easy-to-access location. The documents are:
- Verification of Income Eligibility – Reauthorization 2004 Implementation Memo SP-5 (Aug. 25, 2004)
- The Food Stamp Program’s Role in Directly Certifying School Age Food Stamp Recipients for the National School Lunch and School Breakfast Programs (Oct. 8, 2004).
- Direct Certification and Direct Verification of Children in Food Stamp Households -- Reauthorization 2004: Implementation Memo – SP-8 (Nov. 15, 2004).
- Effect of Current Verification Activity on SY 2005-2006 Verification Requirements---Reauthorization 2004 Implementation Memo SP-9 (Nov. 19, 2004).
- Verification Activities – Reauthorization 2004 Implementation Memo SP-13 (March 10, 2005).
STANLEY C. GARNETT
Child Nutrition Division